Post-doctoral researcher (M/F) in planetary science at CNRS
Application Deadline : 29 June 2021. Apply
Within the InSight NASA discovery program mission, and supported by the ERC PICKLE and CNES, we are looking for a post-doctoral researcher (M/F) to carry out an original research activity related to Mars’ interior.
We are looking for a post-doctoral researcher to join the team and provide his/her original contribution to the study of Mars’ interior. The candidate should be self-driven but capable to effectively work in a collaborative environment and conduct research activities at the frontier of material science and planetary science. Both experimentalists and modelers are welcome to apply.
Candidates must have either/or
- a proven experience with measurements at high pressure and high temperature, ideally both in large volume presses and in laser-heated diamond anvil cells, including expertise in situ end ex-situ analysis based on synchrotron and/or laboratory techniques (e.g. electron microscopy, x-ray diffraction, absorption or scattering, ultrasonic methods, optical spectroscopies, pump-probe techniques).
- a proven experience in modeling internal planetary structure and dynamics, based on thermodynamic, finite elements or numerical approaches or simulations.
A PhD in Physics, Materials science, Earth and planetary sciences or a related field is required for this position.
Postdoctoral Fellow in the Space Physics Research Group at
the Wigner Research Centre for Physics
he Space Physics Research Group at the Wigner Research Centre for Physics is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Postdoctoral Fellow. Our group is mainly focused on Space Plasma Physics, we study both heliospheric and planetary plasma processes. We are involved in the EU H2020 EUROPLANET project, we lead an “Inner Heliosphere” research project funded by the National Research, Development and Innovation
Office, and we participate on Co-I level in ESA space missions such as BepiColombo, Solar Orbiter and JUICE. The successful candidate will join these activities. We expect the candidate to publish the results in peer-reviewed scientific journals and to participate actively at international conferences.
Conditions for application:
– PhD degree or equivalent in a related field.
– Good spoken and written English language skills.
– Maximum 8 years in full-time research or development position after obtaining the doctoral degree.
– Minimum 3 papers published in peer-reviewed international scientific journals.
Advantage is given to
– Previous experience in working with measured or simulated heliospheric data.
– Good programming skills (e.g. IDL, Matlab, Python).
– Organizational skills (workshops, conferences, collaborations).
The position will be located in Budapest, Hungary. The position is temporary employment, the contract is for two years, and will begin on 1st September 2021.
The application deadline is on 9th June 2021 15:00 CET.
For details of the application:
For questions please contact Dr. Andrea OPITZ (opitz dot andrea at wigner dot hu) with a copy to Dr. Zoltan NEMETH (nemeth dot zoltan at wigner dot hu).